Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Plates on the WALL?

Kitchen time!

This is just something that I think is fun to spice up your kitchen walls. Luckily for me, this project was totally free because my mom gave me every single one of those plates. Plus I had the wire and felt on hand.

First I just took copy paper and traced around each plate I wanted to use, I then taped them up on the wall and played around until I liked it.

  Then I took some wire I already had and twisted it in a hook like this in the amount of plates I had.

                                  And cut pieces of felt for each plate as well.

      Then out came the glue gun and each piece of wire and felt was attached to the back of a plate.

 Then all I had to do was leave the papers on the wall, and nail right where I wanted them, ripping the paper off after the nail was already there. Pretty simple. I wasn't worried about gluing things to the plates because I was never going to use them for eating. I wouldn't use this method on your fine china or plates from your great-great grandma.

                                          Finished look :)


You can find cheap china plates at your local thrift store and make this a fairly cheap project with a big impact! Mine are monochromatic, but I think all different colors is beautiful too!

Some examples:
                                                via

                                               via

What do you think, are plates on the wall too old lady for you? Or do you love old lady things like I do? haha

linked up here: Tatertots & Jello

3 comments:

  1. that looks great! I have a few plates I think about interspersing in my gallery wall, but right now it's just ideas. this is good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. also your header about being minty and cottagey is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete