Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Mint Sink

So the sink.

For Christmas this year my in-laws gave us a gift card to Lowe's so we could get a new faucet. The old faucet was crappy and broken and if you got the angle just right it would pop the whole handle off. We just dealt with it because...yeah. Cheap.

After they gave us the gift card it got the kitchen re-do gears really going. I had already bought the paint for the cabinets, and this made me want to go beyond just painting cabinets into really giving the whole kitchen a face lift. I thought, if we get a new faucet, I want to get a new sink (because the old one was very shallow, and let's face it, I have four kids and that equals a lot of dishes, and I'd like them to hide a little lower in the sink, if ya know whatta mean.) And then I thought, I don't want to get a brand new sink and faucet and put it on those crappy beat up counters! (There was a lot of thinking if you can't tell...)

So I redid the counters. And in the middle of doing the counters, I had my brother in law come over and install the new sink.

But I'm getting ahead of myself! First off, I started searching through sinks online and trying to find one that would work and also be affordable. I started with stainless steel and moved on to looking at apron fronts (so beautiful...so expensive) then came across the acrylic sinks. Okay then, good prices, not very special but...thats when I saw a mint colored one and was like:




I briefly ran it by my husband, but who's kidding, I do all the decorating stuff and I make the choices... ;)
This is the one I ended up special ordering from Lowes--it says its "sea foam" but its very much a minty blue. I was very happily surprised when I opened it up that the color didn't have any sort of olive green to it, which I was a little worried about.
Dekor Master Double-Basin Drop-in Acrylic Kitchen Sink
and this is the faucet I chose with it (love the high arch of the spout).
AquaSource Oil-Rubbed Bronze High-Arc Kitchen Faucet with Side Spray


So for just over $300, I'd say thats a pretty good deal and the fact that every time I look at it I grin like a fool, I say it was a good choice for me!

So what do you think? Is a mint sink crazy? Would you ever do a colored sink?

linking up at Tatertots and Jello



No comments:

Post a Comment