Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Keep Portland Weird

One of my best friend's birthday was a few weeks ago and since it was a big one, we decided to kidnap her for a day and take her down to Portland! It was a ton of driving and walking around and getting a little lost, but so much fun! I highly suggest doing a day trip with friends if you need to get away for just a little bit.

Some of the things we did:
 We started out at Anthropology, believe it or not--I had never been there! And if I'm being honest, it was really disappointing. Not only were the clothes not a style I would want (they were on a safari kick) but the prices are seriously ridiculous. $80 for a scarf--on sale?! Ugh, I'm way too cheap for Anthro.


Right by Anthropology is Powells City of Books! SO AWESOME! I'm a huge book nerd and I was in heaven here! It is the biggest bookstore ever, and we barely made a dent in it! But I did walk away with a five book series for $15--score!
(Don't mind my sense of humor, I wish they'd had more than two of these books, I know waaaay too many people who need it!) ;)


We ate at a cute little french restaurant for lunch--mmmm croissant...

In between shopping and eating, we stopped at the Portland Temple, which is gorgeous and smelled WONDERFUL with all the flowers blooming!

               Then we went to Voodoo donuts, as you do. (We were a little excited about the donuts
                                                                     if you can't tell...)


                Our last stop in Portland, the "Keep Portland Weird" sign. I think we succeeded.

Then on our way back up, we stopped at Target, to get some sodas and mess around. I swear when you get a bunch of moms' away from their kids for a day they're sillier than teenagers--we had so much fun!

So there you have it! Hopefully the next time I post, it will be with a project! haha



No comments:

Post a Comment