Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beach Life

I just got home from a trip to the Oregon coast, and can I just tell you: the beach life is the life for me! When we lived in Utah, there were so many things I loved about it. I loved the weather, I loved the mountains, I loved the canyons, I loved all the different places you could visit... but the one thing Utah didn't have that I missed terribly, was the ocean.

My sisters-in-law put together a girls weekend (along with my mother-in-law and two nieces) about four hours from where we live. I sat every night looking from our balcony out at the amazing view of the ocean, and I wondered if the people who live there ever get used to it and stop looking--don't even notice it anymore. It was so calming, so beautiful; I can't imagine ever thinking it was "blah" or just "whatever", it was amazing. Period.

I could sit with my toes buried in the sand, staring at the ocean for hours. I could pick through the shore looking for shells until its dark out. I could splash through waves (even if they're freezing) forever. I just love it.

So to cap off this tribute to the ocean, I'll show you the amazing beauty I was able to enjoy this last weekend: here's some pictures for your own viewing pleasure. :)











No comments:

Post a Comment